Friday, August 12, 2011

Same Old, Schools getting close

Hey everyone,
I have been doing much of the same back home due to such little rain. We got a good storm a couple of days ago but the ground is so dry none of the gauges bugged. I have been working and paddling at night when I can.


A couple days ago we went out paddling to our normal spot just a mile below our base. The water was at a little higher level than normal, but we have seen it at this level the last couple times. The normal line is normally down the river left side in this chute thing. But I saw a line down the river right side which is very manky and ends in a 10-15 foot drop. The only hard part was the initial put in because at the top of the run. There is an enormous boil where the water comes out of the dam. I had to have someone hold me while I got in and give me a huge push out to get across part of the boil. Once I got out on my line I knew I had to be just to the left of this fin rock and just to the left of some other fin rock. Then I went down hit my boof stroke and ended up getting another hit I wasnt ready for throwing me forward but everything worked out.


Here is my most recent edit of a lot of local paddling this past month. At the end is the line I was just talking about up above.


http://vimeo.com/27488430


So time is closing in and I have 10 days left of summer. I will paddle this weekend and a little bit next week then it is back to Vermont for school. Then I will be praying for rain!


Safe Lines,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment